When it is hot in the summer, there is nothing as refreshing as a well-prepared glass of peach and saffron iced tea. First, it has a great color that is very appealing and simply unavoidable. There are many reasons why you should have the peach and saffron iced tea. It keeps you hydrated on a hot day. It keeps your skin glowing and healthy.
Saffron is very nutritious and provides a lot of health benefits for your body. It prevents diseases and promotes our overall well-being. This spice is to be treasured. One of the greatest benefits of saffron is its effect on the skin. Saffron is literally your skin’s best friend. It gives you beautiful and glowing skin. Moreover, it promotes healthy skin. It treats acne and gives you a very radiant complexion. When you think about it, saffron tea may just be the best skin toner and you can have this tea every day at your pleasure.
It will only take you 10 minutes to prepare this amazing tea that will give you exciting results.
The ingredients you need include:
- 4 rooibos tea bags
- 1 sliced yellow peach
- 5 sprigs of fresh Genoese basil
- 1 pinch red saffron
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 juiced small lemon
- 4 tablespoons of wild honey or agave
- 3 cups of hot water
- 6 to 8 cups of filtered cold water
- Ice cubes
- Basil blossoms for garnish (optional)
- Put the tea bags in a large mug and pour in the hot water to the top.
- Sprinkle with the saffron thread. Allow them to steep together for 10 minutes
- Remove the tea bags while ensuring that the most of the red saffron remains in the tea.
- Stir in the wild honey until it completely dissolves
- Add half of the sliced peaches and basil leaves in a large pitcher. Cover with some ice.
- Pour in the rooibos saffron tea and vanilla extract.
- You can add more ice and the remaining peaches and basil
- Fill the pitcher with some cold filtered water and more ice
- If you had some basil blossoms for garnishing, you can serve your tea with them.
Peach and saffron iced tea is best served after being refrigerated for an hour or so. This gives time for the flavors to marry and create one delicious drink that you are bound to enjoy. You can make large portions of the iced tea and store it in mason jars in your fridge which you can then enjoy for a whole week.
It is true that saffron is an expensive spice, but you only need a pinch of it or a few threads. And in any case, you might be spending so much money on facial products to help you treat that problematic skin problem which does not seem to go away. Instead of spending your money on these products, spend it on some saffron. Saffron is a sure way of guaranteeing your skin will heal and you face begin to glow in no time.